Dates: June 13–21, 2024 (9 days) Location: Central Valley, COSTA RICA Cost: $2,350 Minimum team size: 6 Maximum team size: 12 Team Leader:Terry Jones (BIMI Central America Director) Special Requirements: None
CONNECT Costa Rica will provide each member of the team an opportunity to get to know BIMI church planters while obtaining a full-circle view of the many aspects of missionary work in this Latin American country. The team will visit two different ministries both unique in their style, area, people groups, and climate.
The primary purpose for the trip is for the team to get to know the missionaries and see their day-to-day ministries on the field. A secondary purpose is that each team member would receive a renewed burden for this lost world and better learn how to pray for the missionaries who are trying to win it for Christ.
CONNECT Costa Rica will be visiting BIMI Missionaries Jeremy and Michelle Blanz and Rick and Shannon Dove. Once in country, the schedule will flow with the needs of these two ministries as we serve. Though the priority is on spending time with the missionaries and evangelizing the lost, there will also be opportunities to see some natural wonders that Costa Rica is known for such as La Paz Waterfall Gardens and Volcán Irazú.
CONNECT Costa Rica will meet in the Atlanta, Georgia, airport on June 13. Each trip participant is responsible for transportation to and from the Atlanta airport and any baggage fees. Additional money may be brought along for activities, gifts, or souvenirs.
- All CONNECT Team members must abide by the stated Policies, Standards, and Code of Conduct.
- CONNECT Team members must purchase trip insurance that includes medical coverage. In most cases (but not all), this is included in the trip cost. (Please see the Important Policy Disclosures)
- The CONNECT Trip fee received as a deposit at the time of application is non-refundable unless BIMI cancels the trip.
- Additional funds donated toward a CONNECT Trip on a team member’s behalf are non-refundable within 60 days of departure.
- Each CONNECT Trip has a required minimum number of people needed. If the trip does not reach the set minimum, it may be cancelled and all donations including the CONNECT Trip fee will be refunded to the original donor(s).
Central America Director
Terry & Kaye Jones
Read more about the Jones Family. He can be contacted through the BIMI office: (423) 344-5050.