Dates: August 16–26, 2024 (11 days) Location: Aberdeen, SCOTLAND Cost: $2,905 Minimum team size: 8 Maximum team size: 15 Team Leader:Ed Hembree (BIMI Europe Director) Special Requirements: None
CONNECT Scotland will visit the city of Aberdeen in the North East Scotland where Missionaries Rick and Sarah Demastus have planted a church. Scotland has a long history and connection with Presbyterian theology, but like most of Western Europe, it is now mostly indifferent to spiritual things. The area where the Demastus family works has a large number of immigrants from European and African countries. In many ways, this ministry could be considered a pioneer work.
CONNECT Scotland will help Brother Demastus in the renovation of his new facilities, a historic church building, received from the Scottish Presbyterian Association. There will be painting and landscape work, but most of the team's efforts will be spent in helping with a literature/church packet distribution campaign in the surrounding villages. The goal is to saturate the area with as much information about the new church as possible. Team members will participate in the church services as well. Because this is an English-speaking country, opportunities to share Christ and be a blessing will be numerous. Though the team will be based in Aberdeen and the surrounding area, there will be an opportunity to take a day trip to Edinburgh to view historic sites.
CONNECT Scotland will meet in the Atlanta, Georgia, airport on August 16. Each trip participant is responsible for transportation to and from the Atlanta airport. Additional money may be brought along for activities, gifts, or souvenirs.
- All CONNECT Team members must abide by the stated Policies, Standards, and Code of Conduct.
- CONNECT Team members must purchase trip insurance that includes medical coverage. In most cases (but not all), this is included in the trip cost. (Please see the Important Policy Disclosures)
- The CONNECT Trip fee received as a deposit at the time of application is non-refundable unless BIMI cancels the trip.
- Additional funds donated toward a CONNECT Trip on a team member’s behalf are non-refundable within 60 days of departure.
- Each CONNECT Trip has a required minimum number of people needed. If the trip does not reach the set minimum, it may be cancelled and all donations including the CONNECT Trip fee will be refunded to the original donor(s).
Ed & Carole Hembree
Read more about the Hembrees. He can be contacted through the BIMI office (423) 344-5050.