Dates: May 14–27, 2024 (14 days) Location: Tokyo, JAPAN Cost: $3,600 Minimum team size: 6 Maximum team size: 12 Team Leader:David Harris (BIMI Far East Director) Special Requirements: None
CONNECT Japan will participate in evangelism and church ministry as they assist a number of BIMI missionaries and visit amazing churches started by BIMI in the past. The team will be led by 24-year veteran missionaries to Japan, David and Jenny Harris, as they show a cross section of ministry on this island nation. This includes City Baptist Church in downtown Tokyo, Senri Newtown Baptist Church and Nishi Maiko Baptist Church in the Osaka/Kobe area, and Aomori Grace Baptist Church in northern Honshu.
From the major metropolises of Tokyo and Osaka to beautiful Aomori in the north, the team will experience Japanese culture and learn of the great need for more laborers as well as the amazing opportunities that are available for missionaries today.
The nation of Japan is the 11th most populous country in the world. With three-quarters of the terrain being mountainous, its more than 125 million inhabitants are concentrated on narrow coastal plains. Only 1.5% claim any kind of Christian belief and most Japanese are Buddhist or Shinto.
Along the way, whether traveling by the famous Bullet Train or on other local transportation including trains, buses, and taxis, the CONNECT Japan team will hear first-hand stories, enjoy cultural experiences, learn ministry lessons, and participate in language study and evangelism. Each morning the team will study Japanese words and phrases, understand cultural insights, and receive mission’s challenges before they go out to serve in ministries in Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, and many other places.
CONNECT Japan will be visiting several BIMI missionaries: Henry Ward, Paul Johnson, Steve Canter, and others along with meeting many national pastors and churches.
CONNECT Japan will meet on May 14 at LAX (Los Angeles) and fly to Tokyo Narita Airport together with David Harris. The trip cost will include travel to and from home airports, traveler’s insurance, and all lodging, food, and transportation. David Harris will make all travel arrangements and provide travel tips so that you can be assured that all details of traveling overseas are well covered. Additional money may be brought along for gifts or souvenirs. Feel free to contact David Harris for details or questions about this amazing trip.
- All CONNECT Team members must abide by the stated Policies, Standards, and Code of Conduct.
- CONNECT Team members must purchase trip insurance that includes medical coverage. In most cases (but not all), this is included in the trip cost. (Please see the Important Policy Disclosures)
- The CONNECT Trip fee received as a deposit at the time of application is non-refundable unless BIMI cancels the trip.
- Additional funds donated toward a CONNECT Trip on a team member’s behalf are non-refundable within 60 days of departure.
- Each CONNECT Trip has a required minimum number of people needed. If the trip does not reach the set minimum, it may be cancelled and all donations including the CONNECT Trip fee will be refunded to the original donor(s).