There are countless people who wonder about God’s calling and missions. They have sincere and relevant questions. However, they do not know where to get straightforward answers. Look no further! You have found the place!
Basic International Missionary Institute
• Camp BIMI is staffed by experienced BIMI missionaries who answer all your questions.
• A strong foundation in missions is provided.
• Many hours of classes pertaining to preparation and reality of missionary life and service are taught.
• No one is "talked into missions."
• Each one is educated beyond the concept of adventure and excitement that usually surrounds the idea of being a missionary. Some do change their minds by week's end and that is good because they can then discover what special things the Lord has for them to accomplish in another area of ministry or vocation.
• Churches and pastors are benefited. Camp BIMI helps to prevent missionary dropouts in the future. From the time students know missions is God's calling, until they leave for the field, we are available to our alumni!
Our goal is to combat missionary casualties. Thus, Camp BIMI teaches participants the realities of missionary life and service before they make that final commitment.
Dr. Gerry Baughman, founder of Camp BIMI, stated, "Speaking from experience and exposure in missions since 1965, I have listened intently as missionaries, from many mission boards, sadly share why they left the mission field." Each story has a common thread. In response, we have strategically targeted those "thread" areas and designed a focused, yet relaxing, environment to educate and encourage potential missionaries.
It is important to understand that Camp BIMI will not replace your college education, even if you are a mission’s major. It is comparable to a college modular and will further enhance your preparation for the mission field. Several Christian colleges give college credits for those who complete Camp BIMI. Camp BIMI I covers the basics of missions. Camp BIMI II is comprised of advanced classes and practical workshops for those continuing to actively pursue missionary life and service. Camp BIMI III covers critical topics that challenge, advise and encourage alumni in their pursuit of missions.
• Must be at least age 16 or entering junior year of high school
• College students and single professionals (any age)
• Married couples (any age)
• Active in your local church?